Sender:
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2017 21:46:09 -0500
Comments:
To: RAINbyte <[log in to unmask]>, AIN <[log in to unmask]>, ARCHIVES-UK <[log in to unmask]>, RECMGMT-UK <[log in to unmask]>
Jason Scott saves the things people never think to save. Rather, he
collects the things that you stash in the closet for a couple years and
then throw in the trash once you decide they're obsolete. Old magazines,
software catalogs, floppy discs containing productivity software,
educational games, and dictionaries for the Apple II. Once, he went
searching for every AOL free trial CD-ROM ever published.

"For some people, AOL is this joke, AOL CDs are a joke. It turned out
people had collections," Scott told me. "I got an email from one of the
most prominent CD-ROM companies in the world—this guy, he owned cdrom.com.
He said 'I heard you're collecting CDs. I have CDs, do you want them?' So
that's how I ended up with a massive back catalog of their old CDs."

http://bit.ly/2ptjEpD
http://bit.ly/2ptjEpD+

--
Peterk