Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2017 23:52:45 -0700
Sender:
This is anything but news... this has been the case since the beginning of the creation of information by digital/electronic means.

It's just become a more sizable problem due to the failure to establish appropriate means to manage it as time has gone along.

In the beginning, the excuse was "storage is cheap", but as varying means of creating content came online (especially email, unstructured content, and naturally, social media) the volumes of information grew exponentially.

We still have the same issue- the failure to "sort the wheat from the chaff".... sorting content that has sufficient informational value to be retained 'as a record' and setting retention periods appropriately, then deleting all other content within short periods of time.

Naturally, there are still the issues of conversion, migration, segregation, privacy, protection, etc. etc.

Oh and the other thing that puts information at risk? Our friend, 'the cloud'

Larry

Sent from MY iPhoneSeís