Sender:
From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2017 23:40:16 -0400
Tod,

You are probably correct in what most agencies tell their employees to
use personal accounts except for emergencies.  The problem appears to
be that no one is enforcing it.

Unfortunately we have seen time and time again over the years
political appointees and senior government officials, who are suppose
to be setting the example, using personal email to conduct government
business,  They do this knowing full well there are no consequences
for their actions - they will never be punished.

I remember a request a few weeks ago asking for any case studies along
the lines of records management and ethics in the Federal Government.
I don't know of any but a good candidate would be on the deliberate
use of personal email accounts to get around FOIA and other
recordkeeping laws both at the state and federal levels.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Doylestown, PA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bblanco