From:
Edward Baldwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:21:10 -0500
All,

I have been a member of the LISTSERVE longer that I have been a member of
ARMA (approximately 7+ years I think). So I have seen many many many
postings from Don to the City of Boston Public Library. In this, I do not
understand how these are even remotely relevant to the RECORDS MANAGEMENT
LISTSERVE. Even if they are (remotely relevant) they are probably only
relevant to a small handful of people. YET we tolerate them in the sense
that they may have meaning to some of the members on the list. From the
email address I assume that Don is in the academic environment where it is
common to attack other's viewpoints and where it is also important to be
published. The academic environment seems to have more leeway in this type
of behavior then we do in business. Perhaps it has its place in academia
but the LISTSERVE serves all.

While I commend the respondents for defending Peter, I believe that we have
played right into Don's scheme (ie getting attention). If he only chanelled
this energy into actually working with, instead of against, the City of
Boston Public Library they may be a better place now that many years have
past. I appreciate Peter's commitment and efforts and I also appreciate the
fact that Don can coexist with us. However, I would love to see the the
postings to the Library either cease or become more relevant to Records
Managers. Don-have you ever posted something that the Library did right?

Ed Baldwin
Note: the opinions expressed herein are neither that of my employer nor my
mother-they are entirely my own.