From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 14:13:42 -0400
On 6/6/05, Brown, Marisa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I'm gather information to see where the records management function
> reporting line is for other organizations.

this is a perfect opportunity to remind folks that the listserv
archives is a goldmine of information. This particular question has
been asked many times in the past. Not trying to discourage asking the
question, just reminding folks that they information may already
exist.

that said the RM function in my company resides in the Legal
department. Based upon my readings and internet searches I believe
that we will see the RM function move into the Legal dept. The reason
is because more and more organizations now have compliance groups
associated with the Legal dept and RM belongs with that area, too.

--
Peter Kurilecz
Richmond, Va