From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 15:14:13 -0400
On 6/6/05, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> There have been several shifts over the years in leadership depending on  the
> emphasis of the records issues at the time. The records needs of an
> organization involve more than legal, IT or any other given subject. An
> administrative approach to RIM addresses these needs and provides a common grand  for
> coordinating decisions regarding the management of information.

Bill I don't disagree with you that records involve more than legal,
IT or any other subject, but records management needs to be placed
where the most power can get behind it. This strength now lies within
the Legal department (and I suspect that it will for quite a long
time). The criminal penalties of SarbOx and the concerns about privacy
have seen the rise of both RIM and Privacy programs. More and more
administrative functions such as reprographics, mailroom, etc are
being outsourced to the third party vendors. The administrative
services groups now do little more than manage contracts.

With RIM in the Legal department it gets the attention that it needs

peter

--
Peter Kurilecz
Richmond, Va