From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:51:39 -0700
This is a part of a message from the YAHOO Group Patrick set up and thought
I'd share it here.

Granted, it's a couple of months away yet, but it's something to think
about when selecting hotels.

Also, to let you know when I made my reservation Friday, the Hyatt is
completely sold out for the Conference dates of all rooms except the ARMA
block being held, and "it's going fast", is what the reservations clerk
told me.

I understand that it's a bit over a mile from the hotel to the
Conference facility, and there may not be any form of transportation
that actually takes you from one to the other, so in cool weather for
folks who walk at a decent pace, expect this distance to take a good 20
minutes to cover. For the rest of us, plan on a half hour...at least.

The reason I mention this is some events are being held in meeting
rooms at the Hotel; others at the Conference facility... and if you
need to get from one venue to the other for events that follow one
another in the schedule, you may have to make decisions what you DON'T
want to attend.

I haven't seen a detailed venue schedule yet, but like last year on
Sunday, the Association General Meeting is scheduled OPPOSITE the ISG
Meetings and the Candidate Forum is scheduled opposite some other
meetings, specifically some of the Standards Committee Task Force
Meetings.

ISG Networking Sessions……………………   8:00 am – 10:15 am
Association General Meeting………………… 8:30 am – 10:00 am
Candidate Forum………………………………10:30 am – 11:30 am

I don't think there's any chance any of these will be changed at this
late date, so schedule your time accordingly!!

Larry