From:
Tina Clayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 15:14:57 -0600
Here are two that I thought might help you with the job description of a
records manager.  The first one is the one I chose for my job
description and I got this off the ARMA web site.  The 2nd one is from
another web site.

1) A Records and Information Manager is responsible for organizing and
maintaining records and information - in paper and electronic formats by
retention scheduling for all departments.  The ability to identify,
organize, maintain, and access needed information and properly dispose
of old documents to save cost, efficiency, stay in regulatory compliance
and to help reduce litigation risk.

2) A records manager is responsible for the effective and appropriate
management of information produced in and received by organizations,
irrespective of the medium in which it exists. The role is developing in
scope due to increased understanding of the value of effective knowledge
and information management, particularly within the corporate sector.
The demands of legislation, such as the Data Protection Act, have also
broadened the range of settings in which records and information
management professionals work

Tina Clayton
Contract Analyst/Records Information Manager
Centrix Financial
6782 S. Potomac
Centennial, CO 80112
303-391-3539