From:
Charmaine Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 14:41:47 -0800
Ramsey,

  RFID could be part of a solution, but you may want to take a look at more than tracking the physical files. You are correct that employees will not take the time to enter the location changes in the database, which makes tracking the files near impossible.

  Do you use automated workflow or imaging? Are the records only in physical form or also electronic? What is the volume of records requested and being tracked?

  Before contacting a vendor you may want to do a needs assessment to determine your requirements for the short term as well as the long term.

  Best wishes for a Happy New Year,
  Charmaine Brooks, CRM

Ramsey Barboza <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Hello All,

Happy New Year to all. I've been asked to investigate a file location
tracking application/software for our company. Currently our Records Center
houses approximately 150K files - 150k offsite and 150k onsite. Our current
software is somewhat limited (Access front end /Oracle back end). Our main
limitation is that it only allows users to order one file at a time. Here we
would need an application that would offer file requestors an easy way to
order multiple files and show the requestors the locations of those files.
Another limitation is that once files are delivered to requestors on various
floors, the files seem to move to different employees or departments with
out being tracked in the file track application. This is very conducive to
files getting lost. We believe that RFID would be useful in curtailing lost
files.

Can anyone suggest a software vendor that can help us? Thanks!

Ramsey Barboza | Litton Loan Servicing LP | Manager, Records Administration
and Document Imaging
4828 Loop Central Drive Houston, Texas 77081-2226
[log in to unmask] | 713.966.8836 (Bus) | 713.966.8974 (Fax)

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination or copying of this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.