From:
"Collins, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:01:24 -0800
From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of Grieme, Gary L.
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Records Analyst

 <Where do the records gurus out there think the field will be in 3, 20,
or even 30 years from now? What will it take to be successful in this
field in the future? Anyone have their crystal ball booted up today?>

1. Japan's government is now encouraging parents to have more kids.
European and other developed countries are also on that path or
considering it.  Our government doesn't need to do that, they just keep
the floodgates open on the Mexican border.  Will our government stop
lying when they say they are trying to slow down the flow?  They could
if they wanted to but key people are getting rich off the cheap cheap
labor.  If our government does not crack down on the border, then job
hunters over 40 are out of luck.  But if immigration does slow down,
then us aging baby boomers can look forward to good jobs into our '70's
and beyond, when employers start facing a labor shortage.  It will also
help when there are better alternatives to getting health insurance
without depending on our employers for it; once that happens employers
will not have such a fear of hiring older workers.

2. As I've mentioned in the past, the infrastructure of technology is
gradually falling into place.  The need now is for more information
management, as opposed to technology management.  That's a good thing
for records managers.

3. On the other hand, needless to say, technology will continue to
evolve at a furious pace, so to stay attractive to employers, we will
need to continually train ourselves on the new ways of using technology
to manage information.

Gary L. Grieme
Records Manager

Information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged,
confidential and covered by the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521.

If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, distribute,
or reproduce this transmission.

If you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please
notify us immediately of the error by return email and please
delete the message from your system.

Pursuant to requirements related to practice before the U. S. Internal
Revenue Service, any tax advice contained in this
communication (including any attachments) is not intended
to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of (i) avoiding
penalties imposed under the U. S. Internal Revenue Code
or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another
person any tax-related matter.

Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P.
http://www.rkmc.com