From:
Linda Buss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 05:46:50 -0800
Good morning Listservers,

Your collective wisdom has proven to be useful in the past, and once again I
come to the fount of knowledge.

I work for an engineering firm which receives submittals from contracting
design firms that include load rating calculations for bridges. The
engineering manager was concerned when the mailroom stamped incoming
calculation books with the date received stamp.  She stated that by applying
our date stamp to the calculations it implied we accepted the consultant's
calculations as true and accurate.  My thinking is that this merely notes
when we received the submittal and does not imply acceptance of the content
matter.

My question to you is this: is she correct in her assumption, or is she
being overly cautious?  Am I incorrect in my reasoning that this is nothing
more than a chain of custody procedure?

Thanks in advance.

Linda Buss, MA
EDMS Manager