From:
Howard Furst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 22:07:44 +0000
We are in the process of imaging a large collection of active engineering
documents.

When we began the project we were instructed to use a rubber stamp that said
VERIFIED on any document that was of suspect quality or had a visually
impaired issue.

After seeing their documents stamped VERIFIED they are having second
thoughts. Because these paper docs are still in active use, they don't want
them marked up and they also feel the word VERIFIED could be misunderstood
for something about the document.

I am looking for constructive comments, ideas and advice from those with
document imaging experience about methods they use to indicate suspect image
quality.  (Please no opinionated lectures).

My questions:

Q1)	What is the best wording to use. Is there a standard term or is VERIFIED
it?

@2)	What alternatives are there to a rubber stamp? ( we have used cleared
post it flags but this is very labor intensive;  Ideally have a patch sheet
that triggers an “overlay” but I don’t see this supported in our Kofax
software or B&H scanner)

Q3)	Is it better not to even indicate suspect quality?

Thanks in advance,

Howard Furst

===
Howard Furst