From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 11:08:52 -0800
Diane,

Apart from any enviironmental caoncerns about using boxes made from
non-recycled materials, cost and suitabilty are the other factors. I buy the
cheapest ones I can get away with. I did work at a place that had limited
shelving, so we had to stack quite a bit. Cheap boxes are not an option if
you stack high or have any real volume of use. Pay attention to the
compaction ratios. Five hundred seems a little light to me. Keep in mind
that unless you are restacking the boxes ourseld, some staff won't pay
attention to stacking the oxes squarley on top of each other. compaction
measurements are based on direct pressure. If the boxes of are off center
you will begin to see them collapse and then.....

Chris Flynn