From:
"Creamer, William" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:10:27 -0400
If your various departments do not agree with experts in the field, then
you might ask them (quite innocently), what is the basis for their
disagreement. I went to a CLE at the NY City Bar Association recently to
hear a panel discussion on records retention and the attorneys and
government representatives on the panel all took the records industry
view that your retention program should not distinguish between paper
and electronic records, but rather should focus on content, consistency
of treatment, and process.

William Creamer
WF&G LLP
NY NY