From:
"Baldwin, Edward" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:06:23 -0400
Please join the Northern New Jersey Chapter of ARMA for our first
meeting of the season!

Northern NJ ARMA Meeting Notice

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Topic: New Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure Governing
E-Discovery

Speaker: Diane S. Barrasso, Ph.D.

Dinner/Meeting Times

3:00p to 4:30p NNJARMA Board Meeting

4:45p to 5:30p Registration and Networking

5:30p to 6:30p Dinner

6:30p to 7:30p Presentation

Location

The Woodbridge Hilton

120 Wood Avenue South

Iselin, NJ 08830

Telephone 732-494-6200

Registration Options

Contact: Carmen Buonomo

Web site: http://www.armannj.org/DatesRegistration.html
<http://www.armannj.org/DatesRegistration.html>

Telephone: 201-680-3360

Cost of Meals:

Member: $35.00 Nonmember: $40.00

We gladly accept cash or checks in advance or at the door. Also we now
accept Paypal and credit cards! See our website for details.

Please visit us on our website http://www.armannj/org/
<http://www.armannj/org/>

TOPIC: New Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure Governing
E-Discovery

On December 1, 2006, new Federal Rules of Civil Procedure governing
electronically stored information go into effect.  The new rules will
apply to al cases filed after December 1, and to all pending cases to
the extent "just and practicable."  Do you understand what these rules
are and how the changes will impact records management?  Are you
prepared?  This important session will help you understand the rules and
will give you practical knowledge as to how they might be applied in
your company records management program.

Presenter: Diane S. Barrasso, Ph.D.

Diane is the founder and president of Barrasso Consulting LLC,
headquartered in Westfield, N.J.  Barrasso Consulting has been offering
discovery planning since 1989 and has been a trusted provider of
document collection and review services since 2000.  With more than 150
employees, most of whom are bar-certified attorneys, Barrasso's
proprietary processes and operations ensure quality, mitigate risk and
reduce costs throughout discovery.  Barrasso Consulting has experience
in many industries, including pharmaceutical/healthcare,
telecommunications and automotive, and in numerous practice areas, such
as product liability, intellectual property, antitrust, bankruptcy and
government investigations.

Upcoming Meetings:

Save the Dates! Register Early!

October 2006

Due to ARMA International Conference there will not be a NNJ ARMA
meeting this month

November 14, 2006/Wed

Mayer Brown Rowe and Maw attorney Ashish Prasad and his team will hold a
MOCK TRIAL - Yes, You CAN Be Put on the Stand! You won't want to miss
this event - complete with Prosecutor, Defendant and Judge!  Reserve
your seat NOW!

December 2006

Due to Holidays there will not be a meeting this month.

January 17, 2007

Wednesday Webinar - Info to follow!

February 8, 2007/Thurs

Computer Forensics - Computers leave a trail. Find out about metadata
and why it's important in records management.

March 14, 2007/Wed

To Be Announced

April 24, 2007/Tuesday

To Be Announced

May 16, 2007/Wed

Don't miss Dr. William Saffady in this all day seminar on  "Managing
Your Electronic Records"

Note: All Meetings Held at the Woodbridge Hilton Unless Otherwise
Specified

Regards Listserve People!

Edward (Ed) Baldwin

Pfizer Consumer Healthcare R&D
Sr. Manager, Compliance Training & Procedures
201 Tabor Road
Mailstop H3-105
Morris Plains, NJ 07950
tel: (973) 385-3858