From:
Diane Dodge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:21:48 -0400
Hi Emma,

I am currently enrolled in the RIM certificate program at Chippewa Valley
Technical College (CVTC).  I just read Tim Bernard's post about his
experience with CVTC.  We are still using the same textbooks and have
added another.  I am in the third of the five classes.  Like Tim, I have
already been able to apply a lot of what I have learned on my job.  I
discovered that I have gained a deeper understanding of the principles
than I realized  when I'm speaking to co-workers and superiors.
Information just flows out and I really know what I am talking about!  I'm
exciting about this, because a year and a half ago I knew virtually
nothing about RIM.  Now people seek me out with questions about records
management and I am extremely conversant with the subject matter and am
able to be of real help to them.  This is very important in my company
because I am the only RIM person on the staff.

I highly recommend the CVTC online class.  I already have a B.S. degree in
another field, but I feel that having the certificate will help me in my
career.  But to me, the knowledge is the most important thing.  I am not
yet eligible to apply to take the CRM exams, but this course provides
excellent training for it.  There is now a chat area for students to
discuss anything and a discussion board for us to discuss certain specific
subjects provided by our instructor.

I hope this helps you.  I give the CVTC course 5 stars!

Diane Dodge
Total Resource Management, Inc.
510 King Street, Suite 300
Alexandria, VA  22314