From:
"Cunningham, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 07:40:59 -0500
I take a different view but I do agree that only those credentials with
continuing education are of long term value. However, the ones that
count are the ones required on contracts to get jobs or on employment
postings. Certified Archivist was downplayed for years, until it began
appearing on job postings. Even I can recall when CRM began to be
required on Federal contracts. That motivated me.

I am curious as to one statistic revealed on the last listserv salary
survey. 10% of the CRMs also held the CDIA certification. I saw that
they were paid much more than their counterparts. It could be that
technology pays. The CDIA+ does not require continuing education but I
am finding that as a requirement for jobs.

Ray