From:
"Gerard J. Nicol" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 23:50:57 +1000
Hugh,

Let's get a few things straight...

(1) US consumers expect everything for lowest cost.
(2) US companies want to make maximum profits so that they can pay
dividends.
(3) Directors of US companies make millions of dollars in bonuses when they
achieve (1) and (2).
(4) There's an island off Florida where (1), (2) and (3) does not apply but
people aren't too keen to go live there.

Given that the average wage in India is less than US$2000 per annum, perhaps
2 years of income is a pretty steep fine after all.
Would you personally rather spend 5 years in a US prison, or 2 years in an
Indian prison?
Would it make you more comfortable to outsource to the Arab world where they
could cut your hand off for stealing information?

As for clients of firms that outsource offshore, they still enjoy the luxury
of choice. They ultimately chose the service they are delivered, and the
cost they pay for it.

Gerard

P.S. I am surprised we had to read 9 paragraphs down before the topic merged
with your product you must be losing your edge ;-)