From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:12:11 -0400
I haven't heard of this type of study, but it would be intriguing to
know the results.  For instance - if one or the other type of retrieval
is faster for the first search, does the speed of retrieval improve for
subsequent searches from the same aisle/row/file room or
database/index/EDMS?  What factor does finding the location of the item
play (for example - knowing one's way around the electronic index or
knowing the color coding system well)?

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager