From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:49:02 -0700
I took a taxi from the airport to the Marriott RiverCenter Tuesday, Noon-ish. Was probably 20 minutes or so and the meter was just under $20, but there is a $.50 (50 cents) surcharge from the airport.

Keep in mind a couple things... find out what stops the shuttles will make... you could be the first hotel... or the last. Also, if you are staying at "the Marriott", make sure you know which one. The HQ hotel is the RiverCENTER. The one across the street (closer to the convention center) is the RiverWALK. We had a couple Board members forget which one they were going to. The good news is that the hotels must share the same computer system, because they know where you should be -- and it is just across the street if you screw up, so no big deal.

I also walked by Dick's tonight. It was a busy place (as all the restaurants along the river seem to be). Someone that was with me commented that it seemed "a lot nicer than the website made it our to be". We'll see about that. I've packed a loud shirt and a Northwestern University hat.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM