From:
mwhaider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:35:20 -0600
Chris,
Would you elaborate a bit on your statement "In the electronic
world, the most recent version is the record (the shortest distance between
two points may not be a straight line)."  I'm not sure I agree with you, but
I'm also not sure how you are making this conclusion.

I understand that a database is always being updated - that is why we
capture "records" throughout the process.  However master data files may fit
with your explanation and we are trying to determine how much history is
necessary to meet the informational needs of the transactional records.

Thanks Mary

Mary W. Haider, CRM
Records & Information Manager