From:
Gary Vocks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:28:50 -0600
I think that this is a "risk management" issue.  Moving things like patient
records, legal files, etc., especially in smaller quantities, is one thing.
Moving a huge quantity of boxes of mixed records is another thing and isn't
much different than moving a huge quantity of any other freight.  Probably
less apt to be pilfered than boxes of valuable electronics and given the
recent record of some "specialized couriers with records I'm not sure that a
pure "trucking company" isn't just as safe.

Gary Vocks
Records Management Officer
Southern Illinois University
School of Medicine