From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:02:42 -0600
Now this is a great topic of discussion.... how "responsible" for
records management problems, issues and deficiencies should a Records
Manager be, based on their actual level of authority over the records in
question.

Julie..... The best parallel that I can think of, especially in dealing
with attorneys would be how responsible an attorney would be for the
actions / inactions of a client who had ignored his or her advice?  I
suspect that no attorney would accept liability for a client who had
failed to follow the advice of counsel.

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+