From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:44:45 -0500
<The back copy was used for our legal description indexers and discarded
after use; the front card was kept as a permanent record to show when
and where the original document was mailed back. >

You say the purpose of the front card was to show when and where the
original document was "mailed back."  Is there any other purpose?  IF
the legal descriptions have been entered in the index (see back copy),
what other information do folks need from these cards?  Knowing when a
document was "mailed back" to the filer serves no legal or real property
purpose I can think of (after a brief period of time - maybe one year),
but I may be uninformed.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager