From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:01:18 -0600
P & G has done poster sessions at the last 2 ARMA conferences including
how they manage their retention schedules on-line.  I don't know if any of
the material is on the conference material and/or do I dare say thumb
drive.  I've got  hardcopy of some of the material and how they basically
manage it is : set it up like a windows explorer tree structure (left
side) more detail on individual series (Bottom half rest) and then the
ability to pull the records series that you as an employee use into a
space to create your own custom schedule (top half of rest).

I'm trying to develop something similar and then be able to tie the custom
schedules into both current email folder structure and  future ERMS
solutions.  Use as auto categorization tool or drop downs into manual
declaration.  This is still in the brainstorming stage but the custom
schedules will be useful today.

My 2 cents

Steve Petersen CRM
Records Manager