From:
John Annunziello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:41:33 -0500
This has been and always will be a hot topic.

I recently applied and was approved to sit as a candidate for the CRM. Why
did I do this after 18 years in the business?  First of all, it will help
my future.  As many have already discussed, it is being asked for in many
new job postings.  Second, it acts as a measuring rod for the knowledge I
have gained through the years.  As I view the CRM course outline, I
realize there is a great deal that I do not know about the RIM business.
We should always be on a learning curve.  Thirdly, just to see if I can do
this.  If only 900 or so people have been accredited, it is obviously not
easily gained.

For years, I have wanted to strive for this and have now taken the first
step.  Prior to this, I was a RIM professional who felt that this was not
needed and was part of an elitist group.  I don't feel that way any more.
I would encourage all who wish to advance themselves in the RIM business
to apply.  Will this be easy...absolutely not?  Will it stretch me.....you
bet.

For the CRM'S on this list, can you recommend a resource for studying Part
I, Management Principles?  I truly appreciate any help or comments which
you can provide either through the list or off-list.

Thanks,

John Annunziello
Manager, Records and Information
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority

"Information is a corporate, strategic asset that needs to be managed"