From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:55:17 -0600
Debra,

That's a bit of a loaded question.... As you pointed out....cost per box
for microfilming OR scanning depends upon a number of variables,
including:

(1) # of pages per box
(2) condition of the documents and amount of preparation required -
don't forget that document sizes are important as well.
(3) any need for "reassembling" the documents - re-stapling, etc.
(4) any required indexing - is there really no index requirement?

I don't recommend that you bank on any budget pricing, since each vendor
will have plenty of caveats regarding such pricing....

IF your estimating 2,000 pages per box, you'd be at $0.03/page....
Perhaps it could be done for that cost, but again... what are the prep
requirements?  I'd be more comfortable with a cost of $0.05 / page ($
100/box for a 2,000 page box), if either very limited or NO indexing was
required.  That cost could double, if indexing needs and prep work are
extensive.

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+