From:
Janet L Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:50:08 -0600
Kathleen Fortenberry said "I have always found it amazing that companies
will send one (maybe two) notices to hold records and expect all employees
to remember without any sort of follow up or reminder."

This was a concern for us when we were recently hit with litigations which
we expect to drag on for sometime.  I have a process in place that at the
start of each quarter I send out an email to the appropriate people
reminding them that the action or actions are still active and they are
still required to keep all related email, electronic records and physical
records.  I can't be sure they read the email every time, but at least when
they see the Subject, it does serve as a reminder to them.

I am also working on a formal procedure for handling these records when
they leave the company.  I am on the distribution list from HR which
notifies me of all terminations.  This notice then starts my follow-up with
departing people or with their supervisor.  We are a relatively small
utility so this works for me.

Once a year we also do a company-wide File Clean-Out.  All of the material
that goes out for that and all of the promotions that I do include a
reminder about litigations.

Janet Nelson CRM
Manager Records
Dairyland Power Cooperative