From:
Tim Barnard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:10:41 -0600
I finally found out what document the IT employees were worried about -- it's the revisions to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.  They turned it over to the county's attorney, who just left on two weeks vacation.  I sent him an email, not knowing he had already left, offering access to all the info I've received, some of which dealt with this issue directly.  So maybe we'll all get together and work on this.  I'm beginning to be encouraged.  Thanks to all who have sent me information and advice!

I printed out one document that doesn't give me the source and I can't find it referenced in any emails I received.  It appears to be a 3-page Word document in outline form titled, "Electronic Records, New Legal Mandates and the Importance of a Records Retention Policy."  If anyone can identify it, could you please contact me off-list?

Tim Barnard, Records Management Clerk
Harrison County, Mississippi
Phone (228) 865-4121 Fax (228) 865-4140