From:
Nishika Gupta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:35:28 -0400
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anybody had experiences with the scanning of
transcripts. I work for a county college and we are starting to scan the
transcripts that we receive with the admission applications. However
most of these transcripts do not seem to scan well 'cos of the kind of
paper they are printed on. The scans are hardly readable unless we
really zoom in. Is there any solution that we can adopt that will make
these scans clearer?

We are scanning these as regular 200 dpi tiffs. One of the suggestions
has been to try scanning using a gray scale but from what I understand
the gray scale makes the file size huge and we have quite a volume of
these docs.

Regards,

Nishika