From:
Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:51:19 +1000
Suzanne

The main thing to keep in mind, indeed to keep saying loudly and clearly is
that email archiving systems have nothing whatsoever to do with RM. They are
data storage (on line, near line, offline). They are useful and not to be
opposed. But don't let anyone get confused by the word 'archiving': they
are not document or records management.

Have a look at the Nat Archives of Australia Advice 69 on this:

http://www.naa.gov.au/recordkeeping/er/advices.html

Glenn

Glenn Sanders MRMA
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any
previous or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked
and they'd agreed, I would have signed it "Harry Peck and Co and
Glenn". Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.