From:
"Chell, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:13:38 +0100
I wouldn't disagree with Glenn on this, but would point out that email
is, like the ordinary mail system, or the telephone system, a means of
communication (a process).

We confuse the issue by calling the documents that emerge out of that
process "emails", whereas they are all documents that are either to be
retained (because they are part of  a business transaction) or destroyed
(as ephemera).

The email system is not the place to keep them.

Robert Chell
Records Manager     Rheolwr Cofnodion
Clerk to the Council  Clerc i'r Cyngor

Room 111, County Hall  Ystafell 111, Neuadd Sir
CARDIFF  CF10 4UW    CAERDYDD CF10 4UW

* 02 920 873327