From:
Joy Groves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:17:24 -0600
Good morning all

I am starting up a vital records program at the oil and gas company I
work for. I have identified the broad categories of records which could
be considered "vital records" but am having a heck of a time narrowing
the field down to specific record types. For example, records with the
function of Board Governance and Production Control are considered
vital, but I have a tough time including every quarterly report or every
little reservoir study done to gather data on production as vital to the
continuation of business as usual.

There must be a way to narrow down the id of what is a vital record to
make the program manageable.

Any thoughts or experience with this?

Joy Groves

Supervisor, Records Management