Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:03:33 -0700
Hugh .... I agree with some of what you are saying, but if I was a
lawyer(not one)for the "records manager" I would probably counter saying and
proving the whole company document management program is a sham.  While the
individual has the responsibilities of "Records Manager" he/she wasn't given
the authority to manage the program.

I think you could also convince a judge that the program was developed for
the express purpose of building a "wall" around management.  Believe there
has been some case law that would support this.

As a defense I would attempt to show that:
.  I wasn't provided the funding or support to manage the program.
.  My position was to establish and provide guidance and recommendations
only.

Besides, under Sarbane-Oxley I believe the ultimate responsibility for the
company resides at the highest level of management.

R W Dalton, CRM
Dalton Consulting
1-253-229-4555