From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 07:58:05 -0700
On 9/4/07, Susan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'm a long time reader of the digest, first time poster -

Welcome to the "vocal side" of the list =)

When I have attended conferences such as AIIM and FOSE, the exhibitors often
> have special "conference" pricing for their products.  I am considering a
> software purchase and wonder if I should hold off until or after the
> Baltimore ARMA conference?

To be honest, I'm not accustomed to seeing any special pricing of software,
but there are a lot of drawings and the opportunity to obtain a licensed
copy of software for free... but much of this is desktop applications.  If
you're speaking about "enterprise level" purchases, I doubt you'll see any
ground-breaking price structures or price wars in effect =)

The major benefit to waiting until after conference is at conference you'll
have the ability to "test drive" many applications, and in some cases, the
third party components and modules that make them even more valuable.

AND... this is MY favorite part... in most cases you'll have ALL of the
people from any one company there that need to answer your questions instead
of hearing  "Oh, you'd have to ask so-and-so about that, he's in Outer
Mongolia this week"

Larry

--
Larry Medina