From:
Dan Elam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:57:12 -0400
> RIM speak in this instance.  You would not model your data (or objects)
> until you had an understanding of the structure of the particular
> software you plan to use (and, of course, a knowledge of your planned
> content).  And I don't know of any vendor that will release that type of
> information prior to sale.

I don't disagree with Ginny very often, but I will in this case.
Vendors will release that information prior to sale if you just ask.
Now, many of the vendors may have trouble answering the question because
their sales people aren't well versed in RM issues, but that doesn't
mean they are unwilling.  As a practical matter, there is a surprising
amount of data modeling that you can do even before you select a
product, but Ginny's basic premise that you need to adjust the final
work-product to your selected product is also true.

-Dan

--

Dan Elam
Vice President
804-342-7400
Visit www.eVisory.com for unbiased information regarding document and
records management technology.

Visit www.aiim.org/emtag.asp?ID=24309 to learn more about AIIM's
Emerging Technologies (EmTag) Advisory Group