From:
Laura Edgar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:03:49 -0400
Good morning colleagues,

My university recently completed a multi-year transition to a new central system
- Banner - for our digital administrative data.  Our IT department is now
attempting to reign in all of the rogue imaging systems around campus and bring
them under the same software, XtenderSolutions, which apparently works hand in
hand with the Banner system.

I was wondering if any of the university folk out there have opinions on the
records management capabilities of this program.  I've searched the web and not
found anything too specific so far, although it definitely appears to have this
feature available in some form.  Is it easy to apply retention schedules to
these records through Xtender's RM function?  If so, that would be
great...right now, everyone thinks that imaging means they can keep the
information forever since the documents aren't taking up any real physical
space anymore - and getting them to think otherwise is, as you all know, easier
said than done.

Thanks!

Laura Edgar