From:
George Britton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:40:26 -0500
I do not know the regulations,

However, from personal experience with the death of a parent at age 96
recently, we found  as stock certificate and have tried to track down its
history and have been unsuccessful because no one has records back to
1915-1917.

In my case 100  years would have been helpful.

George H. Britton, Ph. D.
GLP Compliance
Bayer CropScience
17745 South Metcalf
Stilwell, KS 66085
913-433-5485
913-433-5450 fax

Gretta Thorson <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Records Management Program <[log in to unmask]>
10/16/2007 01:54 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Cancelled Stock Certificate Retention

I would like the advice of the listserv on the retention of cancelled
stock certificates for a public company. I have not found any rule or
regulation that is specific about their retention.  There are various
opinions in our company from 7 years to permanent.  What have others
determined to be sufficient retention?  Keep in mind these are CANCELLED
and are not the same as any stockholder listing.

TIA.

Gretta Thorson
Lead Process Analyst
Target
Minneapolis, MN

present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the
message.

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or legally privileged.  Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not constitute a waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in error, please do not directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward, or disclose any part of this message.  Please also delete this e-mail and all copies and notify the sender.  Thank you.

For alternate languages please go to http://bayerdisclaimer.bayerweb.com