From:
Kirsten McKnight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:10:32 -0400

Hi Matt,

It looks like you have had quite a few replies but here's my two cents.
I have a Master of Information Studies from the Faculty of Information
Studies, University of Toronto.  They offer several streams as well as
several combination degrees (museum studies and library sciences or
archives). I chose the Library and Information Sciences streams.  One of
my first jobs found me working in the Anglican Archives despite my
specialization!

My last job was the Vital Records Analyst for Canadian Tire Financial
Services - when I originally applied for the job they were asking for a
MLS, MLIS or MISt or the equivalent. So while a JD or MBA would be
useful I don't think you can wrong focusing on information management at
its finest - whether you choose to concentrate on library sciences or
archives I actually think is moot. (At least based on my experience).

good luck!

regards

Kirsten

 Kirsten McKnight