From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:31:35 -0600
Hi all,

Wiki Patterns is a wiki devoted to wiki patterns. If you are not familiar
with the patterns paradigm, you can get some basic background at
http://www.wikipatterns.com/display/wikipatterns/About. On that page you
will also find a definition of antipatterns: "Antipatterns are patterns that
represent a negative behaviour or consequence. They describe situations that
you'd rather didn't occur, but that are common nonetheless.

The most important part of an Antipattern is the refactored solution, which
answers the question: "If we find ourselves in this situation, how best can
we extricate ourselves from it and get back on track?" One of the
contributors has created a new pattern called Records Manager under the
topic of people antipatterns. Here is an example of another antipattern, the
WikiTroll: http://www.wikipatterns.com/display/wikipatterns/WikiTroll

So my challenge to the list is to answer the question posed at
http://www.wikipatterns.com/display/wikipatterns/Records+Manager: "Where
does the use of a corporate wiki cross the bounds between records management
and communication?" Ideally you'll respond on the wiki, which requires a
basic registration. If you don't want to do that, but do want to respond,
let me know and I will try to facilitate. Even if you don't want to
contribute at all, I encourage you to follow the discussion.

Regards,

Jesse Wilkins