From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:41:33 -0700
Jon writes:
"I guess you could still use multiple filing profiles into the big buckets, but then why not keep a more detailed file plan. You could then narrow the scope of searches, narrow the scope of holds, etc."

Somewhere in here there is a balance. And like my politics, I tend to prefer a middle-of-the-road approach to building a retention schedule.

I think big buckets are great and bless those of you that can develop and use them. For my own company, we are far too diverse and the legal holds are too many . I want and need to be ultra-specific within a functional retention standard. I do not want outside counsel to have to think when they review our schedules, processes, or procedures.

Good discussion.

Rock on!
Sharon (who is wondering what happened to Colorado last night)
Sharon Burnett
[log in to unmask] Washington USA "If it ain't broke, take it apart and see why. If it is broke, take it apartand see why."
List archives at http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/recmgmt-l.html