From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:01:32 -0600
On 11/21/07, Tucker, Sandra <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> We have been accumulating information, which I am certainly willing to share,
> but it may not be any better than what you already have.  One of the best
> suggestions I've been given so far is to include a performance clause regarding
> quality of work and satisfaction with results which is linked to payment for
> services.
I've been on both sides of the aisle and see this as great advice.  In
addition, I would attempt to tie costs as much as possible to
deliverables or milestones and include time frames.

Speaking of deliverables, I'd also clearly state exactly what you are
seeking.  This sounds pretty straight forward but I'm surprised at the
number of RFPs where expected outcomes/deliverables weren't clearly
spelled out.  Make sure there are no surprises at the end.  From a
contracting side, I would avoid time and materials contracts if at all
possible.

Larry mentioned references.  I'd add that at least one or two should
be from the same industry as you are in.  You want a consultant to
understands your business.

--
Bruce L. White, CRM, PMP
Houston, TX