From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2008 19:23:31 -0500
Ah, but if you look at the bylaws of the organization,
(http://www.arma.org/pdf/governance/0404Bylaws.pdf)

"The Association of Records Managers and Administrators, Incorporated is a
Kansas Corporation, hereinafter sometimes referred to as ARMA International,
the Corporation or the Association."

So technically it (ARMA) has meaning.

In addition, if you look at AIIM's bylaws,
(http://www.aiim.org/article-aiim.asp?ID=21181)

This Association shall be known as the Association for Information and Image
Management International, a nonprofit corporation incorporated in the State
of Michigan, hereinafter also referred to as "AIIM", "AIIM International" or
the "Association."

AIIM, as well has true meaning as an acronym.  Though you can argue that it
should be AIIMI.

The associations may do business under other identifiers, but the AIIM and
ARMA acronyms have their roots in the "official" names of the organizations.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM