From:
Trudy M Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:13:21 EST

Well, since many of the older (not by age) group are introducing  themselves
I thought I would as well.

I have been in RIM industry since forming a microfilm service bureau in  1984
in Birmingham AL. The name was Files On Film, Inc. which I sold to Dataplex
in 1988. I joined ARMA in 1986 and was active in the local chapter for quite a
 number of years and then when ARMA Intl set up special  interest groups in
the 90's and by then I was just focusing on records management consulting, I
became Chair of the Consultants group. I still have the marble paperweight to
prove it.  I made some great friends during that time.

Anyway, I then went on to acquire a bankrupt records storage center in
Birmingham and sold it to Iron Mountain in 1999. (As you can see, I am also an
Entreprenuer.)

Since then I have only been semi-active in RIM but in the past 2 years  folks
have come knocking at the door and I am back at it again.  I love  solving
the problems folks have and organizing their RIM chaos.

I have been on the listserve so long I have forgotten when I joined but it
was probably in the first or second year.  On occasion I ask a question or
provide a comment. But I read it everyday and am still learning just like those
of you who are newer to the field.

Trudy M.  Phillips
File Management, LLC
"Bringing Order Out of  Chaos"