From:
Lorinda Kasten-Lowerre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:21:47 -0800
Hi,
Made me look.  American Honda Motor Co., Inc. has 12 functional areas, but
582 series because of the permutations among Office Retention, Total
Retention, Start Date, Event (what triggers the start date) and Reference
(what legislative acts and regulations apply or just Administrative
Decision).

My signature block says a lot.  I have been in Records Management since I
was hired as a file clerk at an insurance company while I was getting my
paralegal certificate in 1976.  They wanted me to become an insurance agent
- I wanted to fix their active filing.  I was fired.  But sometime after I
discovered that there was a whole organization of Records Managers (ARMA)
and Someone Else had Done It Before, I realized that my destiny was to be a
records analyst.  When Mom would take my sister and I to the store, I would
have so much fun at the nut bins, sorting the nuts back into their correct
bins.  Besides the useless paralegal certificate, I have a B.A. in History.
Since I count my RIM life from when I was hired as a Records Clerk at a
Savings and Loan in 1980, I have been in RIM for 27 years.  When I grow up,
I'm going to be a Systems Analyst for our RIM system.

Lorinda Kasten-Lowerre
Records Management Analyst, Senior
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Torrance, California, USA
Member - The Orange County Chapter of ARMA International
<Check out Orange County California ARMA's website at ocarma.org
Larry Medina - "RM makes the rules; IT provides the tools".