From:
Dick King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:46:28 -0700
Steven Whitaker wrote:
> Who is your current nearby community "incumbent?"
>
> It is not unusual for lawyers to use economic tactics as part of an attrition strategy.  Regarding lawyers who try to bend the law to usurp our freedom of speech and other freedoms, a dose of "frontier justice" is warranted.  I am sure native Arizonians know exactly that to which I refer.

Steve & Folks,
Not to beat this to death but the community involved was Oro Valley; one
of the acquisitive towns around Tucson that has opted for huge and rapid
expansion to avoid annexation eventually by Tucson.  An editorial in
today's _Arizona Daily Star_ says that the town council (who the blogger
is unhappy with) deny any knowledge of the town government's action in
this matter.  Town legal counsel has now told the town council to "just
leave it alone".  What really bothered me about this was not the fact of
nasty little petty bureaucrats attacking a citizen (anyone familiar with
small town politics?) but that an Arizona attorney would offer such poor
legal advice and even send a threatening letter to the blogger.  That
twit should be sanctioned by the state bar.  Interesting that the
blogger received legal support not from the ACLU but from the Goldwater
Institute a "conservative think tank in Phoenix".  Dick King