From:
Susan Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:03:20 -0500
Hi,
You can use it for document management but the records management
portion isn't out the door yet.  The current 2007 has some records
management but it's not DOD 5015 compliant.  The add-on for DOD 5015.2
is expected in February (but was also expected in December and January.)

There are a number of vendors who have become SharePoint "Gold
Partners".  SharePoint provides collaboration and the Gold Partner
provides the EDMS/ERMS but it's planned so the user is more conscious of
the SharePoint interface then the EDMS/ERMS.

DOD has a detailed report on the SharePoint add-on (that isn't out the
door).  You can request it by going to the DoD 5015.2 website and
sending a request for the detailed report.  At this point that is the
available documentation on the DoD 5015.2 add-on to SharePoint.

Hope this helps.

Susan Fitch Brown
202-493-6142