From:
David Ives <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:56:31 -0500
1.  Has anyone had any experience with either product that they would care
to share.  (On or off the list)

2.  Does anyone know how the two products differ and how they are alike?

3.  What is your experience with ease of use for either or both?

4.  What is your opinion of the completeness of the legal database for
either or both?

Any information from the kind people on this list would be very helpful.

Thanks very much.

Hi Donna!

We recently purchased Zasio's product after doing our homework on what we
saw as the differences between RM3 and Zasio.  We actually had RM3 in
house already which had been brought in before my time but never really
used, so we had a full working copy to evaluate.  We have now been using
Zasio for a couple months to help us build our RS and I would offer the
following quick review.

I agree with Larry on the fact "neither do it all for you".  I have found
a combination of Zasio, the internet, and our departments knowledge of the
records they produce/manage to be just the right combination of
determining governance.  I would also agree with the idea that you should
start to compile a list of your sources to periodically check for updates.

That said;
Overall ease of use: It is my opinion that Zasio is much more intuitive
and is much more user friendly in all aspects that you would want.

Research/Search functionality: I think they both have rather extensive
research databases and I think both companies have a strong track record
of knowledge in this area.  Where I see the difference is the ability to
search the research database.  In Zasio You have the option of either a
keyword search or citation search and the ways in which you can browse and
refine the citations by industry, business activity and jurisdiction are
great.  While RM3 does have some of these features it is my opinion that
they are not as robust or easy to browse.

Schedule Creation & Maintenance: Again while you can create a schedule in
either I think Zasio is much more intuitive and user friendly.

Reporting: While they both have some limitations in this department I
would have to say that creating reports in Zasio is quite a bit easier
than in RM3.

I hope my quick high level review helps a little in your research.  If you
would like to talk about anything in further detail I would be happy to
set up a time to chat on the phone.

Best regards,
David