From:
charlie sodano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:12:48 -0800
Hi Colin,

I used Documentum's Record Manager for 5 years, right after they released it
after buying the technology from another company (TrueArc).  Unfortunately,
my buy out employee, Bayer, decided to scrap it at the end of last year in
addition to many employees, including me.

If you use it as a standalone product, you can drag most file formats into a
file plan of your creation.  If you drag it in from Documentum, you have a
choice of transferring or linking.  We only linked, leaving the records in
Documentum where it was perceived as being better protected.

Charlie Sodano, PhD
Senior Consultant
Phone: (925) 229-1688
Cell: (925) 231-5909