From:
Emily Speight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:57:14 -0700
Good morning all!

I have been told that my Records department is going to be put in charge
of mail.  We have been asked to write a procedure and once that is in
place we will take on the responsibility of the mail.  Our office is
relatively small (approximately 70 staff) and part of the reason we have
been given the mail responsibility is to ensure that items that need to
be put on file actually make it to Records rather than sitting in
someone's Inbox.  We are currently scanning older archived documents
into Laserfiche, but have not started using it for our current files.  I
would like to distribute our mail electronically and keep the paper copy
for immediate filing.  I would be greatful to recieve any insight,
experience, policy/procedure, opinion, or other information anyone might
be willing to share with me regarding a similar project or how their
organization/department handles mail.

Thank you,

Emily Speight
Records Information Management Coordinator
Red Deer County
Ph: 403.350-2150 ext.134